Taylor Hagler Secures Best GT4 Finish at Misanoadmin
– The weekend at Misano marked Taylor Hagler’s best GT4 European Series result and first top-five finish of the 2023 season. To start the two-race weekend, Hagler qualified the No. 442 Porsche Cayman GT4 for Race 2 and placed the W&S Motorsport entry in its best starting spot yet of ninth in the Pro-Am category.
– Hagler utilized the mid-race pit stop window to gain on-track position. She catapulted from 10th to first in class, 15th overall, creating a gap to the Pro-Am field behind before coming to pit lane. The strategic timing by Hagler set up teammate Gustavo Xavier with premier track position. After 25-minutes of racing, Xavier crossed the finish line in fifth – the best result for Hagler in GT4 European Series competition.
– Race 1 was the example of clean and consistent racing for Hagler and Xavier. While the field of 44 GT4 entries was marred with racing incidents throughout the field, the No. 442 Porsche remained unscathed at the hands of Xavier and Hagler.
– Following a delayed pit window due to safety car conditions in Race 1, Hagler took over control of the Porsche in 13th with just under 25-minutes remaining. Utilizing her race craft, the American driver quickly made progress on track gaining a position on her out lap. Hagler maintained the position and brought the No. 442 Porsche across the checkered flag in 12th.
– Hagler continues her summer swing and heads to Lime Rock Park for the Lime Rock Park 100 which exclusively features the TCR class.
– The next stop on the GT4 European Series schedule is Hockenheim, Germany on September 2-3, 2023.
Taylor Hagler, Driver of the W&S Motorsport No. 442:
“Each weekend with W&S Motorsport in GT4 European Series competition, I learn so much. I feel more comfortable and that is showing in our results. To leave Misano with a top-five finish under my belt is a great feeling after just three rounds in GT4 European Series competition. This series and a car I had never driven before has been a new challenge for me and to see the results get better each weekend is rewarding.”